Monday, March 19, 2007

lbw

Some things that amuse me at the moment.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible:
Wow. What an album. I didn't think they could top Funeral, but I was wrong. I'm slightly obsessed with the track "Intervention" I have to say. It was played on Radio 1 a few months ago in an unmastered form, but even then it sounded astounding.

The Cricket World Cup:
I don't care what you say, I love the sport. The tournament so far hasn't failed to disappoint, England getting pumped by New Zealand, Scotland bowling well against Australia and then getting hammered batting, Ireland drawing against Zimbabwe and then beating Pakistan, and last but not least, Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff having his vice captaincy revoked due to a late night trip in a pedallo. Shame about the coach of Pakistan dying though.

The Six Nations:
As per usual at this time of year. Scotland getting the wooden spoon was not exactly how I thought it would pan out, but there were some promising points ahead of the world cup. Watching it in Walkabout was just as fun, although not for the reasons you might think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home