Saturday, January 20, 2007

Break

Interesting conversations over the past few days about what it's like to be on the cusp of 30. Daunting seems to be the order of the day. You start to think about where you are (Suggested listening material - Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads) currently, and what you should be doing with your life.

I'm 29 in less than 4 weeks, and i'm bricking it. I know that I'm not particulary happy in my chosen field, but have no idea what I really want to do. Actually, that's a lie. I'd love to write a cult sitcom, or own a record store like the one in High Fidelity, but Edinburgh's not really the place to do it, and besides, it's the age of iTunes, so I find myself back at square one.

If you can think of any potential occupations for a disillusioned IT engineer, drop me a line.

2 Comments:

At 3:21 pm, Blogger Paul said...

eh, how about a 'Pole Dancer'?

That could mean that you dress up like a Polish citizen and dance.

Or...

 
At 7:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd suggest that your bunnet shows that you are adapting well to impending old age.
Maybe you can be a Grandpa Broon impersonator, just get yourself a big bushy beard. You can then obtain a bairn by enticing her with granny sookers.
Actually that last part may get you in some trouble....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home