Monday, October 08, 2007

Shadowplay

Ok, I have something to admit. Trains. I love 'em. Or more specifically, I love travelling on them. There's little of the frustration that comes with driving, or the waiting that goes on with air travel. You just walk on and go (after buying a ticket, natch).

However, what I love the most is that the main tracks in Britain cut through some of the most achingly beautiful scenery in the country. As I write this* (*nb I wrote this last week at about 7:15 am on the 6:35 train to Manchester) we're rolling through the Cheviots towards the Lakes. On both sides there are hills, trees, and the occasional stream (oh, and a motorway, but nothing's perfect). Added to this, there's mist rising off the water. It's simply gorgeous.

It's easy to forget sitting in a car that there's more than tarmaced roads about, and if you do remember, then you're obviously not paying attention to the roads. Anyway, my tea's getting cold.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 pm, Blogger Jen Star said...

My morning commute goes through a couple of escarpments and over some lovely rivers where swans hang out in the summer. We even had a pasture where deer frolicked in the spring and fall, but they built a mini mall on it this summer so I have a feeling they won't be back much anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home