Saturday, February 26, 2005

snow

the snow that has been falling here over the past few days finally seems to have abated now, and all is right with the world.

I love snow (not the canadian rapper of "informer" fame I hasten to add). unlike other weather, people genuinely seem to enjoy it. it's good to walk in, good to look at, and as countless generations of kids will attest to, good to throw.

i always find it amazing how ill prepared we are in the uk for it. i mean it's not like we're on the equator for crying out loud, we have seen it before! it's the media coverage that cracks me up the most though. for some reason it's always covered like it's the end of the world. traffic at a stand still! workers stranded at home! it's certainly laughable, and get's even more chucklesome when it falls on london.

capital grinds to a halt!!! from fucking reality by the sounds of it. poor souls, how on earth would they cope if they lived in norway. roll on the next ice age!

1 Comments:

At 8:27 pm, Blogger alanm said...

I have to say living in Canada the way the UK deals wih snow is incredible. All that make sure you have a blanket in the car bollocks. For christ sakes we get more snow here in a month than the Uk has had in the past 5 years and we get none of that.
I had to literally dig my way out of the house on Tuesday morning and yet nothing was closed, the buses were running. I was cold and miserable but life went on pretty much as normal.
Thank god we get better summers or I really would have to question living here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home